Before your jury selection date, court staff will email you a Zoom link and instructions. Follow the instructions to join the Zoom meeting for the first day of your jury service.
On This Page
Add Zoom to your device.
The first part of jury selection will be held by video conference on Zoom. Zoom will work with any Mac or Windows computer or laptop. It also will work with any iOS or Android mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet.
To make sure the virtual jury selection process goes smoothly, please:
• Install the latest version of Zoom on your computer, laptop or mobile device (smartphone or tablet).
• Test Zoom before your jury selection day and report any issues to your local jury management office.
• Make sure your name in Zoom matches your driver’s license or other official ID.
• Make sure your audio and video both work.
Test Zoom before your reporting date.
You can print the step-by-step instructions below to help you with test.
• Instructions for testing Zoom that is installed on computers and laptops
• Instructions for testing Zoom using a web browser on computers and laptops
• Instructions for testing Zoom on iPhones and iPads
• Instructions for testing Zoom on Android cell phones and tablets
Review Zoom checklist.
• I have a computer, laptop, or mobile device (smartphone or tablet) with a good connection to power and to the Internet.
• My computer, laptop, or mobile device has working speakers and camera OR I have a separate webcam.
• I have tested my microphone and speakers with Zoom and both are working.
• I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the Zoom Client for Meetings from https://zoom.us/download for my computer or laptop, or I have downloaded the Zoom app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store for the mobile device I will use for jury selection.
• I have performed a Zoom test by visiting https://zoom.us/test and followed the guide in the left menu (called Testing Zoom) to test the device I will be using. I am familiar with the Zoom screen options and know how to use the video on/off and mute/unmute buttons.
**If you are using headphones or a webcam, make sure they are plugged in before you test.
• My name in Zoom is the same as my driver’s license or other official ID.
• I have removed all personal photos and other personal items from my background so that they will not show during jury selection.
• I have found an area of my home with minimum background noise.
Visit https://zoom.us/support for how-to guides and tutorials. If you are unable to solve your technical issue or have further questions, contact your local Jury Management office .
If you did not get the Zoom meeting invite, check your email’s spam filter. If you don’t see the invite there, contact your local jury management office.
After you join the Zoom meeting, you will be in the waiting room. You will not see anyone else in the waiting room. This is normal. The Zoom moderator court staff will let you into the meeting when they are ready.
To rename yourself in Zoom while using a computer or laptop:
1. While in a test Zoom session (https://zoom.us/test) click on "Participants'"
2. Move your mouse over your name, choose "More," then "Rename."
3. Enter your name as it appears on your driver’s license or other official ID, check "Remember my name for future meetings," then click "OK."
To rename yourself in Zoom while using a mobile device:
1. While you are in a test Zoom session (https://zoom.us/test), tap on "Participants."
2. Find your name in the list of participants.
3. Tap on your name and select "Rename."
4. Type in your name as it appears on your driver’s license or other official ID, then tap "Done."