Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

ADA Title II Get Help

The Judiciary ensures that its courts, programs, services, and activities are accessible to all members of the community and prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities.

Use the eADA system below to request accommodations for your Superior, Appellate, or Supreme Court visit. For municipal court, contact the municipal court administrator directly.


Accommodation requests for litigants, attorneys, jurors, witnesses and other court users with disabilities

Local Title II ADA coordinator directory for court users

Call the local contact number to request an accommodation at any time. If you let us know you need an accommodation before you are due in court, we can avoid delays in getting you the service that you need. Anyone can request an accommodation for you, including your attorney. In addition to calling the local ADA coordinator, you can tell the judge or court staff, such as the court clerk, that you need an accommodation for your next court appearance.

The ADA applies to everyone with a disability who uses the New Jersey Courts.

All court users with disabilities are protected by the ADA, including litigants, witnesses, victims, spectators, jurors, attorneys, agency representatives, volunteers, probationers, and participants in court programs, services and activities.

The New Jersey Courts will provide a reasonable accommodation for your disability.

Tell us what kind of accommodation would help you to participate effectively in proceedings, programs, services and activities of the New Jersey Courts. While we might not be able to fulfill your exact accommodation request, we will strive to provide you with an equal opportunity to participate.

For more information read our brochure on the New Jersey Judiciary’s ADA Procedures for Access to the Courts.

There are many ways the New Jersey Courts can accommodate your request.

Examples of accommodations include:

  • Interpreters, such as American Sign Language (ASL), Certified Deaf Interpreters (CDI), oral interpreters, tactile interpreters for people who are deaf and blind, and transliterators
  • Computer-aided Real-time Translation (CART) services, text in alternative formats, such as Braille, audio access, and assistive listening devices (ALD)
  • Readers and note-takers
  • Alternative seating arrangements and locations
  • Modified schedules

You have the right to appeal if you believe the court has not resolved your issue.

If you feel that court staff have not resolved your access issue, you can file an appeal with the assignment judge at any county courthouse or with the administrative director of the courts in Trenton. Use the appeal form or call the local ADA coordinator to get a form.

You can file a complaint if you believe the New Jersey Courts have discriminated against you because of a disability.

  • You can file an internal EEO/AA complaint with the local EEO/AA officer in the county courthouse.
  • You can file a complaint with: 
Tonya Hopson , Chief, Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Officer