Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

It is the responsibility of both parents to provide support and care for their child(ren).

You can ask the courts to collect child support on your behalf

There are three ways to apply:

  1. Download, print, and complete the child support application.
  2. Get a copy of the application from your county board of social services.
  3. Request an application by calling 1-877-NJ KIDS1 (1-877-655-4371)

Upload your completed application to Judiciary Electronic Document Submission (JEDS), or mail it to your local county court.

There is a $6 fee to apply for full child support services. This includes child support enforcement services.

You can ask the court to enforce a child support order with a Post-Judgment Motion.

You can also request partial child support services, such as:

  • Help Finding the Other Parent - If you do not have an address for the person that you are filing against, you can ask for location services from your county welfare agency.
  • Establishing Paternity - You can ask the court to establish paternity. The court might order a blood or genetic test. You might have to pay for the testing if it shows that person is not the father.
  • Health Insurance Coverage - You can ask the court to order the other parent to provide health insurance coverage for your child(ren).
  • Enforcement of Child Support Orders – Partial child support enforcement services will only provide payment processing, demographic maintenance, accounting of the obligations and arrears and monitoring services. This costs $25 per year. It does not include locating the other parent, the cost of establishing paternity, or enforcing child support by collecting their tax refund. Learn more about Probation Child Support Enforcement

Additional Child Support Resources: