The Family Practice Division develops and implements policies and best practices to advance the goals and mission of the Judiciary in areas related to family law.
On This Page
Visit our self-help center for forms and information to represent yourself in a family court matter.
The following statewide directories are available:
- Family Division Presiding Judges
- Family Division Managers
- Matrimonial Early Settlement Coordinators
- Economic Mediators for Matrimonial Cases
- Supervised Visitation Coordinators
These are the forms below used most frequently in family court. See the full forms catalog .
Manuals and Reports
The following manuals assist the courts, police, and other state agencies:
- The Domestic Violence Procedures Manual. This resource provides procedural and operational guidance. Its focus is on implementing the Prevention of Domestic Violence Act.
- The Child Support Hearing Officer Program Operations Manual. This manual provides procedural and operations for court staff.
- The Juvenile/Family Crisis Operations Manual. Family crisis intervention units use this manual. Intervention units include both court staff and other agencies.
- The Children in Court Operations Manual. The involvement of children in court requires special consideration. This manual provides operational and procedural guidance to Judiciary staff.
These Supervised Visitation Program Annual Reports are available:
2020 Supervised Visitation Program Annual Report
2019 Supervised Visitation Program Annual Report
2018 Supervised Visitation Program Annual Report
2017 Supervised Visitation Program Annual Report
2016 Supervised Visitation Program Annual Report
Callto request previous annual reports back to 2008.
These Domestic Violence Reports are available:
Callto request previous annual reports back to 2003.
Agencies and service providers can use the CIC Improvement Grant Proposal Form to submit proposals for improving children in court operations and procedures.
Family court cases are identified by these docket types.
|Docket Type:||Type of Case|
|FC:||Child Placement Review|
|FD:||Custody in non-divorce cases (non-dissolution)|
|FF:||Juvenile family crisis|
|FG:||Termination of parental and adoption rights|
|FL:||Kinship & Legal guardianship|
|FV:||Domestic violence and Sexual Assault Survivor Protection Act (SASPA)|