Somerset County Juror Reporting Message
Week of November 25, 2022
The following instructions take precedence over any text or e-mail messages you may receive.
The jury reporting message is also available by phone at 908-332-7722, Option 1.
All jurors currently involved in trial, please follow the direction of the Court regarding future reporting.
All other jurors summoned beginning on Friday, November 25, 2022: Your service is not needed on Tuesday, November 29, 2022. Please monitor your email to see if you are virtually needed on Wednesday, November 30, 2022.
For Grand Jurors only: Please follow the reporting calendar provided to you in your Grand Jury welcome packet.
Thank you for your service!
Message from Assignment Judge Kevin Shanahan
Thank you for serving the Somerset County Court. Jurors are an essential part of our justice system. I hope that you enjoy your time as a juror while you are performing this invaluable service. Thank you for serving.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy
Advise the Jury Management Office if you require an accommodation in order to serve. You can reach the Jury Management Office by phone ator by email at .
Juror Parking Directions
Free parking is provided to Jurors in the Bernie Field Parking Garage, located on East High Street near the corner of Grove Street. There is access to the Administration Building directly from the parking deck on the GREEN level. To access the Courthouse, walk through the Administration Building to the Grove St. exit, and the Courthouse is located directly across Grove Street. The entrance to both the main Courthouse and the Historic Courthouse is on North Bridge Street (proceed LEFT around the Historic Courthouse).
We recommend that you arrive early for jury service to allow ample time to park, and to ensure availability of parking spots.
*** Street parking is also available in the area. Along Main St., on either side of Davenport St. and along the streets immediately surrounding the Courthouse, street parking is metered. Most city-run parking lots in the area also have metered spaces.
Jurors reporting for service should wear clothing appropriate for an appearance in court. Shorts, t-shirts, uniforms or clothing containing statements or offensive symbols are not permitted. All hats must be removed when in a courtroom. Comfortable clothing is also advisable.
- Cell phones, pagers and electronic devices must be turned off in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to read newspapers or other materials in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to bring food or beverages into the courtroom.
If You Are Selected As A Juror
- The trial judge will instruct you regarding the trial schedule, reporting times, any recesses, lunch arrangements, etc.
- The judge's instructions will take precedence over any general instructions given in the assembly area.
- You must wear your juror badge at all times, including during lunch.
Other Factors Relating To Your Juror Service
- The daily fee for petit jurors is $5 for the first 3 days and $40 for each day after 3 days.
- The daily fee for grand jurors is $5 for each day of service.
- Checks are processed on Friday.
- Your juror check will generally be received within 3 weeks.
- Check with your employer or your union representative, or read your employee handbook if you have questions about whether you will be compensated by your employer while serving as a juror.
Be aware that N.J.S.A. 2B:20-17 protects jurors from employment related retaliation and provides for the possibility of both criminal and civil sanctions.
Term of Service
Petit Jurors are on-call for four days or one trial. You must check the juror reporting message by calling
The courthouse is a non-smoking facility. If you leave the courthouse to smoke, you must inform jury staff so that we are aware of your location at all times.
Failure to Report
Individuals who fail to respond to a jury summons or fail to report when summoned may be subject to penalties including fines. If you have forgotten to appear as scheduled for jury service, please contact the Jury Management Office immediately at