This message is for virtual jurors scheduled for jury service in October through December 2022. All jury selections begin virtually.
Jurors shall receive an email with instructions and a Zoom Link at least one day prior to service. Please check your SPAM folder if you have not received it one day prior.
Do not report to the courthouse for jury selection.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received the email instructions.
Jurors on a trial or in the midst of Jury selection must follow the Judge's instructions regarding when to return to the Courthouse. Court hours can run until 4:30 p.m. Jurors are required to bring in their summons. The Judiciary continues to monitor developments in the spread of the coronavirus and any potential impact on court operations. All court events are currently being held as scheduled. We are communicating regularly with the State Department of Health for guidance on any adjustments needed to protect the health and safety of Jurors and other court users. If you are scheduled to report for Jury service and feel sick, please do not come to the courthouse. Please contact the Jury Management office at 908-659-4620 or email@example.com to be rescheduled.
Message from Assignment Judge Lisa Miralles Walsh
Thank you for your willingness to serve as a juror. Jury service is one of the most important civic duties entrusted to our citizens.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy
Advise the Jury Management Office if you require an accommodation in order to serve. You can reach the Jury Management Office by phone ator by email at .
Juror Parking Directions
Mass transit information is available at 973-275-5555.
Free parking is available for jurors at the City of Elizabeth Parking Authority Garage located at 28 Jefferson Avenue, Elizabeth, NJ 07201 (located behind the McDonald’s located on Broad St.). Please take your parking ticket in with you to be validated.
There is also metered parking throughout the area. Metered lots are on Dickinson Street, Caldwell Place, Elizabethtown Plaza and Elizabeth Avenue. All are a short walk to the Courthouse.
New Jury Lounge Location
The Juror Lounge is located in the New Annex Building located next to the backside of the Union County Courthouse. Please take the walkway to the right side of the Main Entrance of the Courthouse and make a right at the end of the walkway to the Jury Entrance located at the back of the New Annex Building.
Jurors reporting for service should wear clothing appropriate for an appearance in court. Shorts, t-shirts, uniforms or clothing containing statements or offensive symbols are not permitted. All hats must be removed when in a courtroom. Comfortable clothing is also advisable.
- Cell phones, pagers and electronic devices must be turned off in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to read newspapers or other materials in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to bring food or beverages into the courtroom.
If You Are Selected As A Juror
- The trial judge will instruct you regarding the trial schedule, reporting times, any recesses, lunch arrangements, etc.
- The judge's instructions will take precedence over any general instructions given in the assembly area.
- You must wear your juror badge at all times, including during lunch.
Other Factors Relating To Your Juror Service
- The daily fee for petit jurors is $5 for the first 3 days and $40 for each day after 3 days.
- The daily fee for grand jurors is $5 for each day of service.
- Checks are processed on Friday.
- Your juror check will generally be received within 3 weeks.
- Check with your employer or your union representative, or read your employee handbook if you have questions about whether you will be compensated by your employer while serving as a juror.
Be aware that N.J.S.A. 2B:20-17 protects jurors from employment related retaliation and provides for the possibility of both criminal and civil sanctions.
Term of Service
Petit jurors are summoned for one day or one trial. You must call or check the website, after 5:00 P.M., the night before you are to report. If you are selected, you must remain for the duration of the jury selection process and the trial. Once your service is completed, you will not be eligible to be serve again for 3 years.
The courthouse is a non-smoking facility. If you leave the courthouse to smoke, you must inform jury staff so that we are aware of your location at all times.
Failure to Report
Individuals who fail to respond to a jury summons or fail to report when summoned may be subject to penalties including fines. If you have forgotten to appear as scheduled for jury service, please contact the Jury Management Office immediately at.