Warren County Juror Reporting Message
Jury reporting information will be posted after 5 pm on the day before your first reporting date and each day thereafter until your service is complete.
Instructions for PETIT JURORS ONLY summoned for Friday, December 1, 2023:
This message supersedes any and all previous messages issued by the Court.
There has been a change to your juror service reporting information for tomorrow, Friday, 12/1/23. All trials scheduled for the week of your jury service have resolved, and as a result, your jury service is deemed complete.
You should report to your place of employment or follow your normal routine. This will satisfy your jury service requirement for a minimum of 3 years.
The Warren County Superior Court Judges and Jury Management staff thank you for your time and availability to serve.
GRAND JURORS ONLY: Grand Jury has been canceled for Wednesday, November 29, 2023.
The best way to contact the office is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For updates on future jury service weeks, please continue to check this reporting message or call 908-750-8088.
Juror reporting instructions are sent via email and text message. If you did not receive this notification, DO NOT report onsite. Please contact our office at 908-750-8100, ext. 13010 for further instructions. Thank you.
Message from Assignment Judge Kevin Shanahan
Thank you for serving the Warren County Court. Jurors are an essential part of our justice system. I hope that you enjoy your time as a juror while you are performing this invaluable service. Thank you for serving.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy
Advise the Jury Management Office if you require an accommodation in order to serve. You can reach the Jury Management Office by phone ator by email at .
Juror Parking Directions
No parking lots, but there is street parking in the Courthouse area. The streets immediately surrounding the Courthouse have a 2-hour parking limit. Those areas are clearly marked and are strictly enforced. Parking is also available in the lot located on Mansfield St. between the church and the Cummins Building (202 Mansfield St.).
Jurors reporting for service should wear clothing appropriate for an appearance in court. Shorts, t-shirts, uniforms or clothing containing statements or offensive symbols are not permitted. All hats must be removed when in a courtroom. Comfortable clothing is also advisable.
- Cell phones, pagers and electronic devices must be turned off in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to read newspapers or other materials in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to bring food or beverages into the courtroom.
If You Are Selected As A Juror
- The trial judge will instruct you regarding the trial schedule, reporting times, any recesses, lunch arrangements, etc.
- The judge's instructions will take precedence over any general instructions given in the assembly area.
- You must wear your juror badge at all times, including during lunch.
Other Factors Relating To Your Juror Service
- The daily fee for petit jurors is $5 for the first 3 days and $40 for each day after 3 days.
- The daily fee for grand jurors is $5 for each day of service.
- Checks are processed on Friday.
- Your juror check will generally be received within 3 weeks.
- Check with your employer or your union representative, or read your employee handbook if you have questions about whether you will be compensated by your employer while serving as a juror.
Be aware that N.J.S.A. 2B:20-17 protects jurors from employment related retaliation and provides for the possibility of both criminal and civil sanctions.
Term of Service
Service is for one week or until the completion of one trial. If you are selected, you must remain for the duration of the trial even if it goes beyond your one week term. Jurors will hear evidence in either a criminal or civil trials and render a verdict. Jurors will only be required to report on an as needed basis. You must call or check the website each evening to obtain instructions regarding whether you must report. Once your service is completed, you will not be eligible to be selected again for 3 years.
The courthouse is a non-smoking facility. If you leave the courthouse to smoke, you must inform jury staff so that we are aware of your location at all times.
Failure to Report
Individuals who fail to respond to a jury summons or fail to report when summoned may be subject to penalties including fines. If you have forgotten to appear as scheduled for jury service, please contact the Jury Management Office immediately at.