Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Follow these steps to change a parenting time, custody, or visitation order. 

Change a Non-Dissolution Court Order

  1. Fill out the Application for Modification of Court Order or Cross-Application for Modification of a Court Order. You are the "Plaintiff."
  2. Include the current address of the other party. This is very important. The other party will receive a Notice to Appear in court and a copy of your court papers. If the other party cannot be reached, your case might be dismissed or delayed.
  3. What to do if you cannot find the other party:
    • If you are asking for child support, your county welfare office can help you locate the other parent. They receive federal funding to perform this service for child support recipients.
    • If you are not asking for child support, you can complete the Diligent Search Kit to show that you tried to find the other party.
    • Your case cannot proceed until the other party is found.
  4. Fill out the Confidential Litigant Information Sheet.
  5. If you are asking for child support or a change to your child support order, fill out the Summary Form for Financial Information.

  6. If you are married and are asking for spousal support or a change to your child support order, fill out the Family Case Information Statement.
  7. Double check the forms. Do not leave any blank spaces. Write N/A if something does not apply to you. Make sure you sign them where it is required.
  8. Make a copy of the forms and keep them in a safe place.
  9. There are 3 ways to deliver the forms.