Hunterdon County Juror Reporting Message
Thank you for being available to serve as a petit juror in Hunterdon County the week of November 28, 2022.
Your service is not needed and you are released for the week. Please report to your place of employment or follow your normal routine. This satisfies your jury service requirement for a period of (3) years.
The Judges and Jury Management Office would like to thank you for your time and availability.
Reporting updates have been sent via email and text message. If you did not receive reporting information, please contact the Jury Management Office at 908-824-9750, x 13030.
The best way to contact the office is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For updates on future jury service weeks or to check reporting messages please call 908-824-9755.
Message from Assignment Judge Kevin Shanahan
Thank you for serving the Hunterdon County Court. Jurors are an essential part of our justice system. I hope that you enjoy your time as a juror while you are performing this invaluable service. Thank you for serving.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy
Advise the Jury Management Office if you require an accommodation in order to serve. You can reach the Jury Management Office by phone ator by email at .
Juror Parking Directions
Free parking is available for jurors in a lot on Capner Street located approximately 200 yards west of the Justice Center (past its intersection with Park Avenue). From Main St. in Flemington turn on to Capner St. at the Flemington post office. At the four-way stop, go straight and the parking lot is about 1/8th of a mile down the block on the right hand side. Turn right into the lot, which is indicated by a green sign that notes Justice Center parking. You may also access the parking lot from Park Avenue.
Please be aware that street parking regulations are strictly enforced including 2 hour limits and unauthorized parking in other lots.
Jurors reporting for service should wear clothing appropriate for an appearance in court. Shorts, t-shirts, uniforms or clothing containing statements or offensive symbols are not permitted. All hats must be removed when in a courtroom. Comfortable clothing is also advisable.
- Cell phones, pagers and electronic devices must be turned off in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to read newspapers or other materials in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to bring food or beverages into the courtroom.
If You Are Selected As A Juror
- The trial judge will instruct you regarding the trial schedule, reporting times, any recesses, lunch arrangements, etc.
- The judge's instructions will take precedence over any general instructions given in the assembly area.
- You must wear your juror badge at all times, including during lunch.
Other Factors Relating To Your Juror Service
- The daily fee for petit jurors is $5 for the first 3 days and $40 for each day after 3 days.
- The daily fee for grand jurors is $5 for each day of service.
- Checks are processed on Friday.
- Your juror check will generally be received within 3 weeks.
- Check with your employer or your union representative, or read your employee handbook if you have questions about whether you will be compensated by your employer while serving as a juror.
Be aware that N.J.S.A. 2B:20-17 protects jurors from employment related retaliation and provides for the possibility of both criminal and civil sanctions.
Term of Service
Service for one week or until the completion of one trial. If you are selected, you must remain for the duration of the trial even if it goes beyond your one week term. Jurors will hear evidence in either criminal or civil trials and render a verdict. You must call or check the website each evening to obtain instructions regarding whether you must report. Once your service is completed, you will not be eligible to be selected again for 3 years.
The courthouse is a non-smoking facility. If you leave the courthouse to smoke, you must inform jury staff so that we are aware of your location at all times.
Failure to Report
Individuals who fail to respond to a jury summons or fail to report when summoned may be subject to penalties including fines. If you have forgotten to appear as scheduled for jury service, please contact the Jury Management Office immediately at.