Reporting Instructions for the week of November 27, 2023.
Selections are virtual, please do not report to the Courthouse.
If you are scheduled to appear virtually the week of November 27, 2023, you will receive an email/text message with a date, time and Zoom link, the day before your report date. At this time no excusals can be granted by our office. You will have an opportunity to speak with the judge during the selection process. Please check your email/texts daily. A zoom link will be sent to you only if you are needed. Thank you.
Please contact the jury management office with any questions at 856-878-5050, ext. 15160 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Message from Assignment Judge Benjamin C. Telsey
Welcome to jury duty. Jury Service is both an honor and a duty of citizenship. As a juror, you will have the opportunity to observe, participate in, and increase your knowledge about the operation of our court system and the judicial branch of government. Those who serve find it to be a rewarding experience and we anticipate that you will also. Thank you for serving.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy
Advise the Jury Management Office if you require an accommodation in order to serve. You can reach the Jury Management Office by phone ator by email at .
Juror Parking Directions
Parking for jurors and court users is available in the county parking garage (parking is garage is available from 8:00am-6:00pm only) located on Vine Street behind the prosecutor's office building (west of Fayette Street and Vine Street intersection). Some local street parking is also available.
A parking garage is located on Vine Street for juror parking. Additional parking at 99 West Broad Street (county office building).
Jurors reporting for service should wear clothing appropriate for an appearance in court. Shorts, t-shirts, uniforms or clothing containing statements or offensive symbols are not permitted. All hats must be removed when in a courtroom. Comfortable clothing is also advisable.
- Cell phones, pagers and electronic devices must be turned off in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to read newspapers or other materials in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to bring food or beverages into the courtroom.
If You Are Selected As A Juror
- The trial judge will instruct you regarding the trial schedule, reporting times, any recesses, lunch arrangements, etc.
- The judge's instructions will take precedence over any general instructions given in the assembly area.
- You must wear your juror badge at all times, including during lunch.
Other Factors Relating To Your Juror Service
- The daily fee for petit jurors is $5 for the first 3 days and $40 for each day after 3 days.
- The daily fee for grand jurors is $5 for each day of service.
- Checks are processed on Friday.
- Your juror check will generally be received within 3 weeks.
- Check with your employer or your union representative, or read your employee handbook if you have questions about whether you will be compensated by your employer while serving as a juror.
Be aware that N.J.S.A. 2B:20-17 protects jurors from employment related retaliation and provides for the possibility of both criminal and civil sanctions.
Term of Service
Petit jurors term of service is one week unless selected for a trial which will require your service for the duration of that trial. If not assigned to a trial or jury selection, you must call or check the website each evening prior to your service to see if you must report. A typical court day is from 9 AM to 4 PM. Once your service is completed, you will not be eligible to be selected again for 3 years.
The courthouse is a non-smoking facility. If you leave the courthouse to smoke, you must inform jury staff so that we are aware of your location at all times.
Failure to Report
Individuals who fail to respond to a jury summons or fail to report when summoned may be subject to penalties including fines. If you have forgotten to appear as scheduled for jury service, please contact the Jury Management Office immediately at