Salem County Superior Court
Reporting Information For Jurors For the Week Of November 27, 2023
In the event of emergency closing or inclement weather please listen to KYW 1060 AM or call 856-878-5050, option 3.
Please check your email for your reporting status and instructions for the week of November 27.
The jury office cannot accept any excusal requests for the week of November 27 at this time.
Please do not report to the courthouse for jury selection. Jury selection is virtual.
Please be advised that jurors will not be able to confirm their service after Thursday, November 23 for the week of November 27. Please contact the jury management office to reschedule.
Submit any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 856-878-5050 ext. 15760.
Message from Assignment Judge Benjamin C. Telsey
Welcome to jury duty. Jury Service is both an honor and a duty of citizenship. As a juror, you will have the opportunity to observe, participate in, and increase your knowledge about the operation of our court system and the judicial branch of government. Those who serve find it to be a rewarding experience and we anticipate that you will also. Thank you for serving.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy
Advise the Jury Management Office if you require an accommodation in order to serve. You can reach the Jury Management Office by phone ator by email at .
Juror Parking Directions
Parking lot located behind the Courthouse (enter from Grant Street). Limited metered street parking is also available.
Jurors reporting for service should wear clothing appropriate for an appearance in court. Shorts, t-shirts, uniforms or clothing containing statements or offensive symbols are not permitted. All hats must be removed when in a courtroom. Comfortable clothing is also advisable.
- Cell phones, pagers and electronic devices must be turned off in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to read newspapers or other materials in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to bring food or beverages into the courtroom.
If You Are Selected As A Juror
- The trial judge will instruct you regarding the trial schedule, reporting times, any recesses, lunch arrangements, etc.
- The judge's instructions will take precedence over any general instructions given in the assembly area.
- You must wear your juror badge at all times, including during lunch.
Other Factors Relating To Your Juror Service
- The daily fee for petit jurors is $5 for the first 3 days and $40 for each day after 3 days.
- The daily fee for grand jurors is $5 for each day of service.
- Checks are processed on Friday.
- Your juror check will generally be received within 3 weeks.
- Check with your employer or your union representative, or read your employee handbook if you have questions about whether you will be compensated by your employer while serving as a juror.
Be aware that N.J.S.A. 2B:20-17 protects jurors from employment related retaliation and provides for the possibility of both criminal and civil sanctions.
Term of Service
Petit jurors are on call for one week. If not assigned to a trial or jury selection, you must call or check the website each evening prior to your service to see if you must report. If you are selected, you must remain for the duration of the jury selection process and the trial. A typical court day is from 9 AM to 4 PM. Once your service is completed, you will not be eligible to be selected again for 3 years.
The courthouse is a non-smoking facility. If you leave the courthouse to smoke, you must inform jury staff so that we are aware of your location at all times.
Failure to Report
Individuals who fail to respond to a jury summons or fail to report when summoned may be subject to penalties including fines. If you have forgotten to appear as scheduled for jury service, please contact the Jury Management Office immediately at