State Grand Jury Selection Reporting Information:
Please be advised that in-person State Grand Jury selections have been postponed. Please do not report to the Hughes Justice Complex. All jurors will receive a notice by email or mail.
The Judiciary is required by statute to provide jurors with notice of their potential service date. Please check your email for this notice. If you are selected, this panel will meet virtually. The term of service is one day per week for 16-20 weeks.
The November 2, 2023 selection has been cancelled.
View the juror numbers for those jurors who should report on Nov. 16, 2023.
This site will provide information as to whether the empaneling process will proceed as scheduled and list any closing or delay due to inclement weather in any part of the state or any other emergent situation. Please note that such conditions may be exclusive to Trenton. Any change in reporting time will be recorded here by 7:00 a.m.
State grand jury selections will be virtual. Please do not report to Trenton. You will receive further instructions via email. If you have any questions, please call 609-571-4497.
Message from Assignment Judge Robert T. Lougy, Supervising Judge of the State Grand Jury
Welcome to our court system. Your service as a juror is one of the most valuable contributions you can make to our government and to your community. The right to a trial by a jury of one's peers is guaranteed by our Constitution. A jury's decision must be fair and impartial in order to protect an individual's rights and interests, as well as the public's interest. Serving on a jury will give you an active role in your government, and by participating in the process, you will obtain a better understanding of the New Jersey judicial system. I trust your service will be a beneficial learning experience. I'm grateful for your contribution. Thank you for serving.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy
Advise the Jury Management Office if you require an accommodation in order to serve. You can reach the Jury Management Office by phone at
Juror Parking Directions
Jurors reporting for service should wear clothing appropriate for an appearance in court. Shorts, t-shirts, uniforms or clothing containing statements or offensive symbols are not permitted. All hats must be removed when in a courtroom. Comfortable clothing is also advisable.
- Cell phones, pagers and electronic devices must be turned off in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to read newspapers or other materials in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to bring food or beverages into the courtroom.
If You Are Selected As A Juror
- The trial judge will instruct you regarding the trial schedule, reporting times, any recesses, lunch arrangements, etc.
- The judge's instructions will take precedence over any general instructions given in the assembly area.
- You must wear your juror badge at all times, including during lunch.
Other Factors Relating To Your Juror Service
- The daily fee for petit jurors is $5 for the first 3 days and $40 for each day after 3 days.
- The daily fee for grand jurors is $5 for each day of service.
- Checks are processed on Friday.
- Your juror check will generally be received within 3 weeks.
- Check with your employer or your union representative, or read your employee handbook if you have questions about whether you will be compensated by your employer while serving as a juror.
Be aware that N.J.S.A. 2B:20-17 protects jurors from employment related retaliation and provides for the possibility of both criminal and civil sanctions.
Term of Service
State grand jurors should be prepared to serve for one full session, which is for a period of twenty weeks. Once your service is completed, you may request to be excused if you are summoned again within three years.
The courthouse is a non-smoking facility. If you leave the courthouse to smoke, you must inform jury staff so that we are aware of your location at all times.
Failure to Report
Individuals who fail to respond to a jury summons or fail to report when summoned may be subject to penalties including fines. If you have forgotten to appear as scheduled for jury service, please contact the Jury Management Office immediately at