PETIT Jurors beginning their 2-day call-in term of service on Monday, November 27th and Wednesday, November 29th are not required to appear. Your service is complete, and you should not be summoned again for at least 3 years.
Please make a note of our phone numbers:
Recorded Reporting Instructions--862-397-5622
Jury Management Office--862-397-5700 ext. 75080
Message from Assignment Judge Stuart A. Minkowitz
Welcome to jury duty. Jurors serve an indispensable function in civil and criminal trials. The jury system in this country is constitutionally mandated and serves to protect and promote the rights of civil litigants and criminal defendants. Thank you for serving.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy
Advise the Jury Management Office if you require an accommodation in order to serve. You can reach the Jury Management Office by phone at
Juror Parking Directions
Parking is free for jurors in the lot adjacent to the courthouse at the County Parking Deck. You enter the lot on High Street, (the first right after leaving the Square.) There is also a small public parking lot (metered parking) on Main St. just south of Park Pl.
Jurors reporting for service should wear clothing appropriate for an appearance in court. Shorts, t-shirts, uniforms or clothing containing statements or offensive symbols are not permitted. All hats must be removed when in a courtroom. Comfortable clothing is also advisable.
- Cell phones, pagers and electronic devices must be turned off in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to read newspapers or other materials in the courtroom.
- You are not permitted to bring food or beverages into the courtroom.
If You Are Selected As A Juror
- The trial judge will instruct you regarding the trial schedule, reporting times, any recesses, lunch arrangements, etc.
- The judge's instructions will take precedence over any general instructions given in the assembly area.
- You must wear your juror badge at all times, including during lunch.
Other Factors Relating To Your Juror Service
- The daily fee for petit jurors is $5 for the first 3 days and $40 for each day after 3 days.
- The daily fee for grand jurors is $5 for each day of service.
- Checks are processed on Friday.
- Your juror check will generally be received within 3 weeks.
- Check with your employer or your union representative, or read your employee handbook if you have questions about whether you will be compensated by your employer while serving as a juror.
Be aware that N.J.S.A. 2B:20-17 protects jurors from employment related retaliation and provides for the possibility of both criminal and civil sanctions.
Term of Service
Petit jurors' term of service is two days. You must call the recorded message number or check the website after 5:00 p.m. each evening prior to your service to see if you must report. If you are selected during jury selection to sit as a trial juror, you must remain for the duration of jury selection and the trial. Once your service is completed, you may request to be excused if summoned again within three years.
The courthouse is a non-smoking facility. If you leave the courthouse to smoke, you must inform jury staff so that we are aware of your location at all times.
Failure to Report
Individuals who fail to respond to a jury summons or fail to report when summoned may be subject to penalties including fines. If you have forgotten to appear as scheduled for jury service, please contact the Jury Management Office immediately at