Learn about your options when you receive a non-dissolution complaint.
Responding to a Non-Dissolution Complaint Filed Against You
If you received a complaint, you have a choice:
- You have the right to file a response. You can also file a counterclaim asking the court to make other changes besides those that were requested.
- You are not required to respond. The court case will proceed anyway.
To file a response to a non-dissolution complaint, follow the steps listed under "File a Case."" You are the "Defendant."
If you are asking for child support, establishment of paternity, spousal support, or health insurance coverage, complete these forms too:
- Certification in Support of Establishing Paternity
- Summary Form for Financial Information
- Family Case Information Statement
- Also complete the Child Support Application form.
For custody, parenting time or visitation, also complete the